How To Spring Clean Your Home – The Essential Guide. Cleaning a home can be very time-consuming. However, it is essential to clean your surroundings to maintain a clean, healthy, and germ-free home. In this article, you’ll discover the step-by-step process of cleaning a home using both hand-based and non-hand-based tools.
You can clean more than one part of the house at once if needed or clean other parts at different times. Read on – How To Spring Clean Your Home – The Essential Guide
Step by Step Guide of Cleaning Your Home
You must clean each area thoroughly and not just move the dirt to another room. Here is a guide on how to clean various rooms and parts of a home.
Bathrooms can get dirty fast due to daily. So, it’s crucial to clean them regularly.
The following are steps of cleaning bathrooms:
- Start by removing anything from countertops such as hair products, soap dishes, etcetera.
- Wipe down countertops with a sponge or cloth dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
- Clean the toilet with an all-purpose cleaner (unflavored) and a clean rag or sponge. Clean outside of bowl first, then clean inside. You can also brush the rim of the bowl to make it sparkle. Be sure to clean behind the lid on top of the tank as well.
These are the steps of cleaning bedrooms:
- Remove anything left on the beds, such as books, clothes, and phones.
- Pick up any items that aren’t supposed to be in bedrooms like dust bunnies under beds and nightstands, along baseboards, etcetera, so they don’t get accidentally vacuumed or dusted later in clean up.
- Vacuum or mop the floors and wipe dirt stuck on the walls.
Living Rooms and Family Rooms
The following are steps of thoroughly cleaning living rooms:
- Start by removing anything that’s on furniture, such as decorative pillows, blankets, and etcetera.
- Clean the furniture thoroughly with a clean sponge or cloth dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
- If you have any tables with glass tops, wipe down both sides of the glass, so it sparkles when done.
- Clean floors; if using a mop, make sure it is used for hardwood floors only. Clean area rugs by vacuuming them first, then spot any stains/spills on the carpet with an all-purpose cleaner (unflavored).
Here is how you clean your kitchen
- Start by cleaning the stovetop with an all-purpose cleaner (unflavored) and clean rag or sponge.
- Then clean countertops by wiping them down thoroughly with a clean sponge or cloth dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
- Make sure to clean behind any knobs that may be sticking up as well, just like you would do for bathrooms.
- Clean inside cabinets by removing all dishes/cups from cabinets, then wipe the insides of cabinets out thoroughly.
- Do not forget about the pantry – clean pantry shelves with a clean cloth/rag dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
- To clean floors clean with a clean mop that is used for hardwood floors only. Make sure clean flooring sparkles by wiping down any dirty areas along baseboards, under appliances, etcetera.
When cleaning windows, clean each window from top to bottom first. Here is how you clean windows:
- Use squeegee side of sponge or cloth to clean the windows then wipe dry with another side.
- If using newspaper as an alternative, use this method: crumple up newspaper into wads, then spray windows generously with glass cleaner.
- Wipe the dry window with the “wet” side of the newspaper, being careful not to use any part of it that has been already dry.
- When done, clean mirrors in the same fashion and clean/wipe down windowsills with a clean rag or sponge dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
The appliances to clean include cleaning the refrigerator inside and out, dishwasher, oven inside and out (remove drip pans before cleaning), microwave inside and out (careful around cords on some microwaves). Steps for cleaning appliances:
- To clean appliances, start by removing anything from shelves such as dishes/cups/food storage containers.
- Then wipe down shelves with a clean sponge or cloth dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use cleaners containing ammonia).
- Clean appliances thoroughly with a clean sponge or cloth dipped in hot water mixed with dish soap (do not use ammonia cleaners) and a clean rag or towel.
- Finish up by putting dishes/cups/food storage containers back into their proper place.
How Often Do You Clean Your Home
If you’re wondering how often you should clean your home, the answer is as much as is needed. While professional cleaning services clean homes weekly, everyone has their preferences.
Some people prefer to clean their home once a week or once every two weeks while others clean daily. As with most things in life, it’s up to you. While cleanliness is subjective, clean homes are healthier homes.
What is clean? Many people clean their homes to get rid of dust and other particles that accumulate over time. However, this isn’t the only way to tell if your home needs a good clean.
Dirty dishes, dirty clothes in piles in corners or close by the laundry basket, shower scum, or soap residue on the walls near the tub or shower are examples that could improve cleanness. Regardless of how often you clean your home, here are some tips for keeping it clean:
- Use microfiber cloths and spray bottles to clean glass surfaces, TV screens, and monitors.
- Things that will clean your sink: a) microfiber cloths, b) baking soda and lemon juice, c) salt and vinegar combination.
- Use newspaper to clean glass surfaces.
- To clean blinds, use a mixture of vinegar, water, and liquid dish soap in a spray bottle.
- Use aluminum foil as a clean surface (for example, clean your stovetop with it).
- Keep items that you use every day clean and accessible to make clean up quick and easy. For example, keep clean clothes or sponges by the sink for easy clean-up and clean and disinfect while you clean.
How To Spring Clean Your Home – The Essential Guide
To live in a healthy environment, regularly cleaning your home is essential. You can hire home cleaners or handle the cleaning by yourself. This guide will help you know how to thoroughly clean your home. We also provide house cleaning services for your HDB, Condo, or office cleaning. Do call us if you require any cleaning services! All the best!